Let us show you how this is really a total no-brainer.
25 Advantages to Listing with PC Realty*
Here’s a summary of benefits implied in the 10 Questions section. Not a complete list of benefits or advantages, this just points to some of the highlights.
New: LOW-COST STAGING, for Vacant Properties! (Ask for Details)
1. Save big on listing commissions. Quick point of reference: On a million-dollar house, now fairly average for many Bay-Area neighborhoods, a one-percent savings in listing commission is equivalent to 10,000 after-tax dollars. Pacific Century Realty is the only full-service brokerage in the area offering listing commissions as low as one percent (1%).* Think about how long it takes you to earn ten thousand after-tax dollars. Think carefully about giving up any more than you have to.
2. Save even bigger when your listing agent ends up representing the buyers. Our fee for representing the buyer may be as low as only 1%.* And we have a special program to legitimately increase the likelihood that we do represent the buyer. Do the math: 1% + 1%, for a total of 2%, versus a traditional total commission of 5 to 6%. The traditional brokerages can't afford to compete with us, while the discount alternatives available offer nowhere near the quality or level of service we do.
3. Enjoy the confidence of listing with a company featuring countless signed testimonials from satisfied customers. Testimonials and references speak volumes about the quality of service a brokerage provides. Third-party endorsements naturally mean more than what we say about ourselves. Most agents typically have no more than a handful of tenuously credible testimonials on their Websites, typically anonymous, using initials only. We have yet to see another company with as many testimonials posted to its website as Pacific Century Realty. We can show you more than a hundred if you want to see them!
4. Enjoy the confidence of listing with a company featuring numerous signed testimonials from professional colleagues. Remember that a large part of your listing agent's success in finding the best buyer for your house will depend on his or her relationships with other area real estate agents and his or her standing in the real estate community. Agents representing buyers frequently have choices, in terms of recommendations they can make to their clients ... and these agents naturally prefer doing business with people they trust and respect. It's not always the highest offer that is recommended.
5. Work directly with your power hitter presenting agent, rather than lower-level assistants.Many so-called top producers do not plan to have much contact with you after you have signed the listing agreement. And they need to get that "full" commission, in order to pay all the members of their staff. At Pacific Century Realty, we cater to clients who want the benefit of working directly with an experienced agent, with an effective cost-cutting system that passes the savings along to the consumer.
6. Enjoy access to a listing agent who is on call at all times. Many "successful" agents consider it an intrusion into their personal lives if clients call them outside traditional business hours. At Pacific Century Realty, we realize that people who have job responsibilities during business hours will NEED to communicate at other times: evenings, weekends and holidays. We find the opportunity to take time off during regular business hours, instead, or when we recess entirely, for vacation.
7. Protect yourself with a "fire-me-anytime" clause. Do you want to be stuck in a listing contract for several months with someone who turns out not to be doing a good job for you? At Pacific Century Realty, we have no reservations about including a no-nonsense "fire-us-anytime" clause in every listing agreement. We're confident it will be obvious to you that you could not find a better company to represent you.
8. Capture interest from among non-English speaking prospects, with multi-lingual services and advertising in Asian-language media. It's well-known that the single largest demographic of active buyers and sellers in the market today speak Chinese. Most of them are immigrants, more comfortable in their native language than English (as is also the case with many of the agents representing them!). At Pacific Century Realty, we speak their language (Cantonese as well as Mandarin, both major dialects). That's an important additional edge for reeling in buyers for your property. (At this time, we also offer Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese.)
9. Tap into a system for capturing the name and phone number of everyone who calls to inquire about your listing. What happens to most prospects who express an interest in a listing? They grab a flyer from either inside the house or the literature box outside ... and then they disappear. At Pacific Century Realty, we harness a unique technology that captures the name and phone number of everyone who calls to inquire about a listing (we don't attach a literature box to the yard sign), even if the number is Caller ID "blocked." Why is that important? Because it makes it possible for us to (legitimately) follow up with a phone call to each and everyone who has expressed an interest in the property. Real estate sales is very much a "numbers game." The more interested prospects you can engage in conversation about the property, the more likely you are to find a buyer who will offer a price that the seller will be happy with.
10. Get a free dedicated property address Website (123MainStreet.com), to promote your property. Nowadays, a dedicated single-property address Website is an important tool for marketing a listing, a tool that can often make a critical difference. It should not just be a URL that redirects to an agent's Website. The copy (text) should be professionally written, in a way that readily captures a reader's interest and attention. It should concisely communicate how the property is special and what makes it desirable. The writer must understand and reach out to the target audience for that particular property. And there should be as many good photos as possible. Be sure to actually read through the promotional material an agent has created for other properties, to see how professionally written and compelling it is. Ask yourself whether that's the way you would like your property to be represented. Five examples of the websites we have created for our listings: 1305BelshawDr.com, 1043HighSt.com, 4835TuscanyCir.com, 19131SilverFoxPl.com & 3389TrynaDr.com.
11. Get a lighted/illuminated yard sign, to stand out and be clearly seen after dusk (unlike all the others in the vicinity). Why should your yard sign only be seen during daylight hours? Think how much more effective it would be if it were highly visible after dusk, especially when all the other yard signs are not. The traditional full-commission brokerages cannot offer this new technology, because they all delegate their yard sign placement to sign-post companies that do not want to bother with lighting. At Pacific Century Realty, we care too much about our signage to hand off the job to someone else, who is rushing to finish the work as quickly as possible.
12. Leverage an online disclosure packet system, on your dedicated property address Website, to make it easy for prospective buyers and their agents to prepare offers on your property (so they don’t have to drive to your listing agent’s office during business hours). Put yourself in the place of a buyers' agent who is pressed for time to offer on a property. All other things being equal, will you be inclined to go with the listing that makes your job easier, enabling you to download all the documents in the comfort of your own office, on your own schedule, or the one that obliges you to drive across town fighting rush-hour traffic, when you don't have the time for that?
13. Get your home and termite inspection with the same company, to save you additional time and money. Why do 99 percent of all listing agents arrange for home and termite inspections with different companies, which almost always results in two different appointment times, as well as higher fees than if the two tasks were consolidated, performed by a single competent service provider? "Because that's the way we've always done it and that's the way everybody else does it." At Pacific Century, we don't consider that a valid reason. We have figured out better ways of doing things, for the benefit of our clients.
14. Get an unbiased "inspection-only" property inspection company, not contractors, who would stand to benefit from a larger list of issues and recommendations for corrective action. It's just a small minority of inspection companies that are unbiased inspection-only. We regularly see make-work property "inspectors" add on thousands of dollars in "necessary" work, which they then aggressively seek to get paid for doing. Not only can this cost the seller lots of additional money. This approach has also scared off many a potential buyer.
Otherwise stated, who do you think is in a better position to do an impartial report: an inspector who is paid only for doing inspections or a contractor who makes most of his money from the jobs he bids on, through his inspections? You are likely to save money with an unbiased inspector who has no "hidden agenda," in drumming up contracting jobs for himself. Thousands of dollars, quite possibly. (Remember that once an inspection report is issued, it becomes part of the public record and must be disclosed to all interested parties.)
15. Get a free $25,000 Seller Protection Plan (insurance policy), to protect you for six months from claims made against you by buyers. Historically, most claims by buyers against sellers will be made during the first six months following the purchase. Wouldn't it be nice if you had $25,000 of protection in the event that a buyer comes after you with a claim of some sort? At Pacific Century, we think so. So we have arranged this coverage for each and every listing client, automatically.* Yet another example of how we actually provide MORE for LESS.
16. Get a free a C.L.U.E. (Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange) Report, along with your environmental disclosure report. As a seller, any assurances that you can offer a buyer with regard to your property tend to work to your advantage. A C.L.U.E. report assures buyers when there have been no homeowner’s insurance claims on a property. They know they will not have problems purchasing homeowner's insurance at reasonable rates. Typically, there is an additional cost for such a report. With our disclosure report partner, you get it at no additional charge.
17. Utilize an environmental disclosure report company that accepts payment through escrow, at no additional charge and will waive payment entirely, in the event that your property is not sold. We make it our business to seek out for all facets of your transaction service providers who offer the highest level of service on the most favorable terms. It is ironic but it is true: our clients actually get MORE for LESS.
18. Get a new updated complete set of reports at no additional charge, if you need to re-open escrow at a later time, because the original escrow did not work out. Peace of mind. Protection. "Risk Reversal." Are you beginning to see the pattern here? At Pacific Century Realty, it is NOT "business as usual."
19. Tap into an online system that allows you to see survey feedback in the form of "picture graphs" at any time, from agents who have shown the house. One of the main frustrations encountered by sellers is the frustration of not knowing how their property is being perceived. We have solved this problem, with a special Internet-based "HomeFeedback" system, that shows you, in real time, how people visiting your house are responding to it. It's all presented in easy-to-understand "picture graph" format, for you to access any time you want to log in and monitor survey feedback.
20. Leverage a system for recording information on every agent who shows a house, so that updates can be sent to all of them at the same time, with the push of a button. A good listing typically attracts a large number of "showing agents." Some of them leave their cards. Others don't. Either way, at Pacific Century Realty, we have an advanced system for capturing and inputting all their information into a special database just for your property. Any updates can be immediately broadcast to all showing agents, with just the push of a button. When we meet, we can give you a demonstration.
21. Get your listing promoted on numerous other Internet sites, other than the standard MLS, Realtor.com and so on. In the San Francisco Bay Area especially, the Internet is now the place where buyers go to look for properties. If your listing is not being promoted across the full spectrum of the hottest high-traffic portals, your listing agent is not doing justice to your listing. At Pacific Century Realty, we will show you a list of more than 50 hot, high-traffic portals to which we post our listings. As far as we know, we're the only ones out there with that kind of Internet marketing savvy, which not only does not cost you more but actually costs you less.
22. Get a professionally recorded video presentation for your property placed on YouTube. Did you know that YouTube is the third most visited site, globally, after Yahoo! and Google? eBay's rank is #18, AOL is #21, Amazon.com is #28, Craigslist.org is #47 and Realtor.com is #976! So would you want your listing just to show up on Realtor.com or would you also like it to be on YouTube (also linked to MySpace and Facebook, position numbers 6 and 8) and numerous other sites?
23. Get exposure in print, through your local Homes & Land magazine. Though the Internet trumps print these days, the best place for a listing to get exposure in print is now in Homes & Land. Because it's a traditional print publication that comes out on a monthly or bi-monthly basis, production deadlines can affect placement of your listing. A knowledgeable listing agent should be aware of this and mention it in discussing promotion in this publication. .
24. Tap into a large database of buyers and buyer's agents, who will receive instant notification about your new listing. Another "secret weapon" that a company with a high-tech edge can leverage for listing clients is their substantial buyer database, carefully compiled and maintained over the years. The power of this asset is multiplied when combined with a system to instantly notify other agents in the area whose clients are looking for properties similar to yours. At Pacific Century Realty, we've got it all.
25. Attract buyers with special offers to save on financing and closing costs. Do you think the fact that we can help buyers save on financing and closing costs is helpful? You bet it is! Few other listing agents can attract buyers with the same kinds of incentives.
In addition to all of this, our clients reap the benefits of agency quality marketing materials, with professional caliber copywriting and design services. Does this make a difference? You bet it does, for the same reasons that multi-billion-dollar corporations invest heavily in campaigns through top advertising agencies. Look at samples of the websites and flyers we produce. Compare those with others. The difference should be obvious
"Talk with the rest, then list with the best." If you don’t yet see why the decision to list with us is really a total no-brainer, tell us what else we could do to clarify anything you don't yet understand. Call us at (888) 4PC-RLTY (888-472-7589) or email us now at email@example.com, for your free listing consultation.
*Terms and conditions apply. The highest level of discounts by necessity applies only to properties within a certain price range. Not all items on the list will necessarily apply to all property listings. Inquire for details in advance of your transaction. All offers subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Copyright © by Pacific Century Realty. All rights reserved.